In this quick article NYFRMW.org would like to share a few potential ways that you can help reduce the waste problem on mother earth:
- Reduce intake waste: If every human on earth consumed 1% less we would all be in a better place. One major important method that we can all use is to avoid buying products that come with excess packaging. While it is pretty and increasing buyer conversions for the company all the packaging in no way helps the product or the planet.
- Recycle: Did you know a huge percentage of the world is not properly recycling of their consumed items? This process is so important in preventing waste on earth and it all starts with you. All you have to do is tap into to your local or country recycling systems to turn waste into new products that can conserve natural resources.
- Compost: Not many people are using this composting method to help planet earth and prevent waste. This process is all about turning organic waste like scraps of food from your dinner or trimmings from the year into a nutrient rich soil amendment. This can help reduce waste in landfills. Composting is the process of breaking down organic waste, such as food scraps and yard trimmings, into a nutrient-rich soil amendment.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle electronic waste: Electronic waste, or e waste is a huge problem all over the world, especially first world countries like the US. These products, if not disposed of in the proper ways, can cause all sorts of issues not only or the environment, but for the health of humans. The best method to avoid ewaste is to reduce your purchasing of electronic products and extend their use. In the event you must trash an electronic item make sure you do it in the most responsible of methods possible.
- Support policies and businesses that prioritize sustainability: One little known method to handle this issue is in the event you have to use a waste management service that you use one that prioritizes eco-friendly waste dumping. There are companies that pride themselves on the fact that they support proper policies and prioritize sustainability. We suggest you work with these companies in the future!